Our new "Core Objectives" courses are designed for new educators in the health professions as well as experienced CE planners who may not have backgrounds in educational design, assessment, or adult learning principles. Each 2-hour module covers concepts applicable to Continuing Education in the Health Professions with cases related to the health care team.
This module on “Crafting Objectives for Learning and Change” focuses on the integration of concepts and the importance of linking your objectives to the gaps and needs of your learners, the right learning experience, and your assessment methods. We will review how to connect these key principles in educational design - all integral in your effort to design CE for learning and change.
After working in this course, you should be able to:
- Identify Bloom’s Taxonomy of Educational Objectives
- Compare and Contrast Bloom’s Taxonomy to Revisions by Anderson and Krathwohl
- Describe the importance of developing objectives that are aligned with outcomes to be achieved
- Select verbs in the formulation of objectives that correspond to the outcomes to be achieved
- Develop appropriate educational objectives to guide the design of activities to achieve desired outcomes for learning and change